Sunday, July 7, 2013

Blog Post #2 : Effects of cellphones in our emotion.

      " Anything you do in excess is evil "  and cellphone usage is not an exception. Some people nowadays are "UNSTOPPABLE" in using cellphones. I'll just share some story to you. Once when I'm on my way home, I stopped into a fast food chain to buy some snack. There, I saw group of people who are in one table and they are busy in using their gadgets. I know this is very common to group of friends specially to teenagers. Well, honestly speaking, sometimes I'm also one of them. In fact, there are no days that I don't use my phone. My mother always remind me that I must avoid using phones while I'm in public because that is to risky. Due to addiction, I think? I always forgot my mom's advice that everywhere my phone is on my hand. Even though I know that phones has disadvantages people look to it as a useful devices. Well, I do agree with that. So in order to be aware of what are those disadvantages of cellphones. I do some research about.
       
         



         



        According to the researchers of the University of  Gothenburg in Sweden.Young people who heavily use cell phones and computers also complain more about sleep disturbances, stress and other mental health problems.They prove this through an experiment. They gave questionnaires to 4100 young adults(ages 20-24) who are heavily using ICT (information and communication technology). They later interviewed  32 of them and come up to the conclusion that, extreme use of cell phones and computers may be linked to stress, sleep disorders and depressive symptoms. The researchers could not determine causation, so it may be that people with depression or sleep problems are simply more likely to reach out to others using mobile technology. They also reveal that heavy using of cell phones can increased sleeping difficulties in men and an depressive symptoms in both men and women.




      "I might say this is true because I'am a heavy user of mobile phones. Now I know why sometimes I'm having difficulties in sleeping at night. At first I thought it was just my brain who keeps me awake because I'm thinking many things. On my next research I will try to find more things about cellphones and how does it change us socially and mentally."

















No comments:

Post a Comment