Thursday, July 18, 2013

Blog Post #6 : Cell phones Myth III

                      So since in my past post I didn't able to disprove some myths about cell phones. Now I have read some articles stating that cell phones can't cause brain cancers. People believe that cell phones are harmful in our body. I don't know where did this beliefs came from. Maybe they are just  "HATER" or "ANTI-TECH" people. I know those words may be new to you but I know that you can get what I want to say. Going back, people who say this thing are maybe lacking of information and knowledge about cell phones. Well, this post will probably help you to gain more knowledge and change your perspective about cell phones 






                The International Agency for Research on Cancer says that."The largest study so far on mobile phones and cancer is part of the Million Women Study and included around 790,000 women. It found no link between use of mobile phones and brain cancer in general or 18 other types of cancer. The researchers found no link between mobile phone use and risk of the two most common types of brain tumour (glioma and meningioma), but did see a raised risk of one rare type of brain tumour (acoustic neuroma) for women who had used mobile phones for at least five years." There is also another statement that support this article."There still aren't any good explanations for how mobile phones could cause cancer. The microwave radiation they transmit and receive is very weak. This radiation does not have enough energy to damage  DNA, and cannot directly cause cancer."




              I was also surprised when I read this article because most of the articles I saw are only rumors about cell phones that it can cause cancer. Even though I know that cell phones don't triggers cancer, I will still limit my usage of it because I know that my knowledge or information is still not enough. I hope you to guys will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment